Update on Repairs and Improvement Work
We are pleased to let you know that from Wednesday 15 July we will be able to start routine repairs as well as emergency repairs and gas safety checks. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time when we’ve had to reduce our services.
Just a reminder, to report a repair, please call our office on 0131 336 5282 and select option 2 or email Repairs@muirhouseha.org.uk. For gas and air heat source heating repairs press option 1 or call Lothian Gas on 0131 440 4666.
We want to reassure you that we will keep to social distancing and follow all the proper safety procedures to keep you, our staff and contractors safe.
If you, or any member of your household, are considered vulnerable or in an at-risk group, please let us know so that we can take this into account.
Our contractors will follow the government’s health and safety guidance and carry out risk assessments which will include asking you questions before they attend.
Before the work, our staff or our contractor will ask if either you, anyone living with you, or visitors have any symptoms of COVID19, however mild. If anyone does, you must report this to us as possible so we can assess if it safe to visit.
If no one has any symptoms and it is safe for our contractors or staff to visit your home, please follow the steps below:
- Before the visit we will let you know which rooms the contractor will have to enter
- Open windows and ventilate the room where work will take place
- Clear the floor and surfaces/ keep routes free of any obstructions, and the room well lit
- No handshakes
- Stay at least 2 metres away
- Don’t allow any visitors in while the work is being carried out.
- You and your household should gather in another room or if possible, leave the house
- Where you can, shut pets away safely in another room
- You will not be asked to sign any documents or tablet, we will phone you at a later date to check you were satisfied with the repair.
- If you are asked to drop keys at the office for access, we will give you a date and time to drop them off and pick them up.
It’s important that we all work together and follow the guidelines to keep each other safe at this time so thank you very much for your cooperation. If you have any concerns or would like to ask any questions, then please contact us on 0131 336 5282.