Home Content Insurance

Would you like to know more about Home Insurance?

Why do I need it?

If you are a tenant who rents, then your landlord may not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Muirhouse Housing Association have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policies.

This home contents insurance scheme can offer you insurance or the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewelry, pictures and ornaments.

How do I get more information?

  • Ask your housing officer for an application pack.
  • Call us on 0131 336 5282
  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288.

Alternatively, please visit the https://www.thistletenants-scotland.co.uk/ for more information or to request a call back.

Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at https://www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy

Back to Latest News