Making alterations to your home

You can make alterations and improvements to your home you must apply to us for permission.

You will need to ask permission for the following work to take place:

  • Installing a shower
  • Installing laminate flooring
  • Replacing or moving fixtures such as lights, kitchen units, doors, taps or electric sockets
  • Erecting garden sheds, fences, satellite dishes or other external structures
  • Undertaking any internal or external alterations

Please note we will not allow any alterations which will affect the internal layout or structure of your home specific permission and necessary local authority Building Control consents.

If you decide to move out of your property you may be required to return it to its original condition prior to any adaptations, unless otherwise advised by us.

If you don’t, you may be liable for the cost of returning the property to its original condition.

You may have the right to a compensatory payment for any alternations or improvements you have done to your property. Please contact us to find out if the work you have done is a “qualifying improvement” as stated in your tenancy agreement.